Sunday 27 April 2014

Disclaimer

This blog is intended to provide an insight into the work of live TV captioning - its challenges, techniques, successes, failures and significance. The views and opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer. In particular, the techniques and practices discussed herein do not necessarily reflect best practice as defined either by my employer, or by industry standards. Up to date information on the latter can be found here.

I strongly respect our clients' intellectual property. As such, specific clients and programs will not be named, and any examples will not disclose anything restricted by copyright. The focus will be on the work of captioning, not on content. Where examples are given from scripted and fictional television, all program-specific details will be removed. Where news, current affairs and sport are discussed, all stories mentioned will have already broken, both on our client broadcasters and online, and will be in the public domain. Put simply, there will be no scoops and no spoilers. If you feel I have slipped up somewhere and your intellectual property is being misused, please contact me and I will immediately remove the offending material.

No comments:

Post a Comment